10. We’ve all been there, part 1: you’re hanging out, trying to impress some people and the best thing you can think of is to jump over something. Proper athleticism, not like that Olympics rubbish. Just, em, make sure you’re protected.
YouTube Credit: JD4L18 [h/t TheBigLead]
9. We’ve all been there, part 2: you know exactly what you want to say but some misfiring synapses end in you confusing a 17-year-old swimming prodigy with a tractor. Unfortunately for Darragh Maloney, it happened on live televsion.
YouTube Credit: MacFistycuffs [h/t Balls.ie]
8. David Platt is 46-years-old but he’s still got the skills to pull off some unbelievable tekkers, like this overhead kick at Manchester City’s open training session in Kuala Lumpur.
YouTube Credit: mcfcofficial
7. We can’t stop watching this — does that make us bad people? Michael Phelps’ mam thought he had won 200m butterfly gold in a nailbiting finish against Chad le Clos on Tuesday night. The change in her reaction when she realises he was beaten is priceless.
YouTube Credit: ibzal49
6. If we had to pick one British politician to get stuck on a zip line, it would be Boris Johnson. Now to do the lotto.
YouTube Credit: edg2s
5. Meet 11-year-old Harper Gruzins. Last week, she was relatively unknown; then she stood up and sang the US national anthem at an MLS game in Dallas last weekend. She’s only a kid but that didn’t stop Gruzins from becoming the object of national ridicule.
YouTube Credit: ChasinDatPaperMedia [h/t OffTheBench]
4. Some of us here in TheScore.ie HQ like to try and outdo each other by naming cult hero footballers of yesteryear, gradually getting more and more obscure. The gentleman who made this video wins that game hands down.
YouTube Credit: MrHalftimeoranges [h/t @downinthebox]
3. If this NoDjo low blow was deliberate by Maria Sharapova, we love her even more. And we didn’t think that was possible.
YouTube Credit: Macsuper01
2. Just when we thought the “Call Me Maybe” YouTube phenomenon couldn’t get any more ridiculous, this comes along. Ladies and gentlemen: this is “Call Me Lochte”.
YouTube Credit: NOC [h/t HuffPo]
1. Ryan Lochte has two gold and silver medal in his back pocket after five days of the Olympics and yet, all the focus is on the fact that the guy can’t do an interview. There’s no pleasing some people.
YouTube Credit: DorseyShaw [h/t Buzzfeed]