10. Luis Suarez has always been a competitive little sod. Here he is leading a team on Uruguay’s version of Funhouse way back in the late 90s.
9. Yossi Benayoun made it onto last week’s list with a classy finish in a pre-season friendly against Wycombe. His effort this week failed to scale those heights. As the interwebs would have it: epic bicycle kick FAIL.
8. Unhappy with his club’s fixtures, Napoli president Aurellio de Laurentiis stormed out of the Serie A draw ceremony during the week. There was shouting; there was lots of that Italian, pointy-fingered gesticulating; there was also a getaway on the back of a scooter.
7. Everyone involved in Blackburn Rovers’ weirdly religious ad for Indian sponsors Venky’s should be thoroughly, thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
6. The praying mantis is an ambush predator. We’re not sure that this one actually intended to eat the Florida Marlins’ Logan Morrison, but it certainly got the jump on him.
5. A bit of a viral classic at this stage, this might just be the greatest robot ever danced.
4. This being Tri-Nations season, let’s take a little trip down memory lane to spend some time the All Blacks’ Jerry Collins as he “shows the Austalians respect by giving them the new Haka” during a 2006 Bledisloe Cup match.
3. We posted Andrew Walker’s insane AFL Mark of the Year contender early in the week, but a little research suggests he could have some serious competition: take a bow, Nic Natanui!
2. Troubled Olympic skiier Jeret “Speedy” Peterson was found dead in Utah during the week. Here he is speaking about the physical and psychological strain of freestyle aerial skiiing and the thrill of pulling off a good jump, like this one:
1. It’s unavoidable this week (not that you’d want to avoid it, of course): Neymar scoring a goal that seems to defy at least a handful of basic scientific principles.
What have we missed?