10. Has a friend ever balked at the suggestion that a modern footballer could legitimately score a goal from just outside their penalty area? No? Well, in case they ever do, you can show them this clip:
YouTube credit: videosei
9. An ITV newsreader looked as bewildered as the rest of us when the station decided to take a break from its live coverage of last night’s Champions League semi-final to show us shots of him staring silently towards the camera. Either the station is experimenting with a new avant-garde style, or someone made a considerable gaffe.
YouTube credit: McBenjieuk
8. Fan interaction in sport is not always a good thing. And while you anticipate the occasional disorderly fan intent on making the majority look bad, you really do expect better when the person in question happens to be an ex-NBA star.
YouTube credit: defariaf
7. The idea of having such an avid interest in college football may seem strange to some non-American sports fans, however the clip below is likely to silence the haters.
YouTube credit: JCblog1
6. Everyone at TheScore.ie has been closely following the musical exploits of Rory McIlroy’s girlfriend ever since we first reported the news that she was to release her debut single. And now, at long last, her first-ever music video has been made available (warning: it’s cringeworthy in every possible way).
YouTube credit: alcalejon
5. Back in 1995, a rat invaded the Panthers dressing room and was swiftly killed. For some reason, this story became famous in hockey circles, and rubber rats are now sold as part of the team’s merchandise. However, they may now have to reconsider the selling of these plastic rodents, owing to the incident below.
YouTube credit: DaKing240
4. Thought clip number 10 was a pretty spectacular goal? You ain’t seen nothing yet.
YouTube credit: MrFootballVideos2
3. What do Pele, Wayne Rooney and Joel Pohjanpalo have in common? They all made a significant impact on the world of football from a ridiculously young age. Nevertheless, only Pohjanpalo has scored a hat-trick in the space of three minutes.
YouTube credit: puluzu
2. Clermont Auvergne made quite the impression on O’Connell St when they arrived in Dublin for the sides’ clash in 2010. So will Leinster fans cause chaos in France this weekend? Provided the result is positive and the Heinos are in full supply, a similar level of pandemonium seems inevitable.
YouTube credit: frolic1963
1. H. G. Bissinger, author of the hugely popular sports book, Friday Night Lights, has just released a sequel to his highly praised work entitled After Friday Night Lights. So what better excuse than to revisit the trailer of the acclaimed film based on the book?
YouTube credit: SouthwestCasting