10. This morning we brought you a chat with Mark Breheny where he admitted the ghosts of defeat in the 2010 Connacht final were still haunting Sligo. Remind yourself of Donie Shine’s second half masterclass. Breheny will be out to take out his frustration on Mayo this Sunday.
YouTube credit: alanalmo
9 Oscar Pistourious will go to the Olympics. Yesterday the question was asked whether his ‘blades’ may actually give him an advantage over other competitors. even if that’s the case the South African has no shortage of hard work to put in as this 50 second clip shows.
YouTube credit: insidenikerunning
8. With a break in the Tour de France and the football season facing into a holiday period, we’ve found ourself missing something this midweek. Thankfully tennis was able to fill the void in our lives last week as Wimbledon reached a thrilling conclusion. Here’s the game everyone outside of Croke Park was talking about on Sunday. Poor old Andy, eh?
YouTube credit: rajeshshrestha1980
7. It’s so long since ourselves and Dave Letterman started sharing ideas we can’t remember who came up with a Top 10 first (it was probably us). In MLB All-Star week, Dave comes up with 10 crazy things to look out for on baseball’s wild vacation.
YouTube credit: CBS
6. ‘Meanwhile, somewhere in north-east France…’
Behold this gorgeous footage of Le Tour in 1953.
YouTube credit: MrRbijnen
5. There’s a ton of Olympic build up shows on TV at the minute. From RTE’s London Calling to Faster Higher Stronger on the beeb. Frankly, we can’t get enough. Here’s a teaser trailer for Setanta’s upcoming series.
YouTube credit: ThinkMidas
4. While filming a promo for a new video game, our wee Rory decided to take aim at a cross bar. Does this mean it’s safe to bet on him for The Open?
YouTube credit: Rory McIlroy
3. When John Mullane isn’t psyching himself up for a Munster final; he sticks some Rihanna on the iPod and heads down to the train yards to hone his skills over a couple of bottles of beer. Oh, the booze isn’t for suppin’ (perish the thought). They’re for smashing!
YouTube credit: threeireland
2. It’s just over 15 years since the infamous night when ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson lost control and bit Evander Holyfield’s ear (twice).
Here’s the fight from the first punch (9.15) to the ugly finish.
YouTube credit: SamiJebril
1. As if there was any doubt over how exciting tiki-taka is to watch they’ve made a snazzy montage of some of Barca’s best bits from the past season, and then they threw in a little Muzak.
YouTube credit: MessiBarcaNL