1. #LONDON 2012 Michael Phelps became the greatest Olympian of all time last night as he picked up two more medals to take his total to 19. The American was touched off by Chad le Clos in a gripping 200m butterfly final but could later enjoy a victory lap as anchored the US to 4x200m freestyle relay gold.
Team Ireland kept the show on the road — or on the water, more accurately — yesterday as Annalise Murphy continued her stunning start by making it four wins from four in the laser radial class. There was disappointment for Chloe Magee and Sanita Puspure though as their respective medal challenges came to an end in the badminton and rowing.
2. #LONDON 2012 We’re back in the ring today as John Joe Nevin takes on Kanat Abutalipov of Kazakhstan in the last 16 of the 56kg division at 2pm. Eoin Rheinisch goes in the semi-finals of the K1 slalom at 1.30pm where he will have a chance to go one better than his fourth-place finish in Beijing. Here’s what not to miss today.
3. #ALL-IRELAND QF Mayo’s Aidan O’Shea looks set to make his first Championship start of the summer this weekend. O’Shea has been sidelined by a stomach muscle but is in line to start in midfield in Saturday’s SFC quarter-final against Down.
4. #NORTHERN PROMISE Tommy Bowe has targeted a Heineken Cup re-run as he looks forward to his first season back in an Ulster jersey.
“I was so jealous watching the guys play in the final last year,” Bowe told TheScore.ie yesterday. “Hopefully I can help them get back to that and maybe even go one further.”
5. #FRANKEL All eyes will be briefly torn away from London this afternoon when 1/20 shot Frankel goes in the Qipco Sussex Stakes. The mile race goes to post at 3.10pm.