1. #EURO 2012 Ireland take on Russia in a crucial European Championships qualifier this afternoon (kick-off 4pm). Don’t worry if your boss doesn’t appreciate how important this game is; we’ll go minute-by-minute throughout.
Yesterday Trap named Robbie Keane and Kevin Doyle up front, though he admits they are not ’100% fit’ while it’s a young-looking defence in the absence of the injured John O’Shea and suspended Sean St Ledger. Check out the full side here.
2. #HOMECOMING Kilkenny’s victorious hurlers were welcomed back to Noreside last night after their thrilling All-Ireland SHC final victory over Tipperary on Sunday (pictured above). Before celebrating however, they took some time out to visit Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital in Crumlin.
3. #RWC2011 With only three more days until the tournament begins, we spoke to Ben Kay about his thoughts ahead of the World Cup regarding the media hype surrounding the England team and whether they are the strongest European side going into the tournament.
4. #FAI CUP Yesterday Sheriff YC were controversially thrown out of the FAI Cup. Having beaten Shelbourne 3-2 in round 3 of the tournament, they were subsequently disqualified from the competition after it emerged that they had fielded an ineligible player.
5. #DAEGU The World Championships have ended, and Usain Bolt has again broken the world record. Here’s a round up of events in Daegu.
6. #GOLAZZO Did you see this goal from Coleraine’s Johnny Black over the weekend. File under: oooof!