Every morning TheScore.ie brings you the news you need to know before that first cup of coffee.
1. #RIP The body recovered from a Polish canal yesterday afternoon has been identified as missing Irish football fan James Nolan. The 21-year-old from Blessington, Co Wicklow, disappeared early Sunday in the northern city of Bydgoszcz, sparking a huge search effort in the city. The FAI chief executive John Delaney has been amongst those expressing their sympathies to the family.
2. #RUGBY Ireland head coach Declan Kidney has named his starting XV for the final Test against the All Blacks in Hamilton on Saturday morning.
Keith Earls has been named on the left wing while Paddy Wallace — who was on a Portuguese beach until Gordon D’Arcy got injured — starts in the centre. Check out the details here.
Yesterday, if was confirmed that Dan Carter would not feature in the New Zealand side through injury.
3. #EURO2012 After yesterday’s rest day, the action resumes in Poland and Ukraine this evening with the start of the quarter-finals. Portugal take on the Czech Republic in Warsaw; Miguel Delaney was at the Czechs press conference for us yesterday.
4. #BOXING Boxing chiefs, the WBO, have completed its review of Timothy Bradley’s controversial split-decision victory against Manny Pacquiao. And even they think Pac-Man should have won and recommended a rematch be staged.
5. #LOILIVE Sick of the Euros at this stage? We’re back to the bread and butter tonight as Shels host Shamrock Rovers in the Airtricity League Premier Division.
6. #GAA Kilkenny and Laois booked their spots in this year’s Leinster U21HC decider thanks to defeats of Wexford and Carlow respectively last night. Here’s how it happened.