Every morning TheScore.ie brings you the stories you need to know before your first cup of coffee.
1. #GAA Galway wake up as Leinster champions for the first time this morning after a stunning win over Kilkenny at Croke Park yesterday. Joe Canning and his side blew the championship wide open as they beat Brian Cody’s All-Ireland champions 2-21 to 1-11. In Ulster, Antrim beat Derry to win the Ulster title while Cork won another provincial football championship thanks to a win over Clare.
2. #GAA The draw has just been made for the next round of the hurling championship on TV3. Limerick and Clare is the pick of the third round of the qualifiers while Cork will take on Wexford. Times and venues will be decided by CCCC later today.
3. #WIMBLEDON Roger Federer will return to the top of the world’s rankings later today after yesterday’s four-set win over Andy Murray in the men’s final at SW19. The victory is his seventh at the All-England club and a fourth defeat in a Grand Slam finale for the Scot. “I couldn’t be more happy. It is a great moment,” the Swiss ace said afterwards.
4. #LONDON Derval O’Rourke was forced to pull out of yesterday’s national finals of the 100 metre hurdles at Santry, raising fears about her participation in the London Olympics. The Cork athlete is one of Ireland’s best medal hopes on the track in the upcoming games. Athletics Ireland confirmed that O’Rourke pulled out of the final due to an ‘injury concern’.
5. #LOILIVE St Pat’s are now four point behind league leaders Sligo Rovers after the Saints drew 1-1 with Shamrock Rovers yesterday afternoon. Elsewhere a late Pender goal earned Bohs a draw at Turner’s Cross. Darryl Horgan has put Cork City one goal to the good.