1. #CLINICAL CATS Kilkenny showed their class as they shrugged off the challenge of Dublin in their Leinster SHC final yesterday.
2. #KERRY GOLD The Kingdom came out on top after an intriguing Munster SFC final in Killarney. Cork overcame a stuttering first period to find form in the second and push Kerry all the way.
Ultimately, thanks largely to a crucial Eoin Brosnan point, the hosts won out by three points.
3. #WIMBLEDON Novak Djokovic won his first men’s title at SW19 yesterday. The Serb is the new world No 1 having defeated the defending champion Rafael Nadal 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3
4. #LE TOUR Thor Hushovd is the new leader of the Tour de France after his Garmin-Cervelo squad won today’s Stage Two team time trial.
The current world champion leads the general classification by one second from Cadel Evans.
5. #FRENCH OPEN Parisian Thomas Levet claimed a one-shot victory in the Alstom French Open, a mere 25 years after he made his first appearance at the tournament.
The 42-year-old – best remembered for his performance at the 2002 British Open when he lost out to Ernie Els in a playoff – finished the day with one-under round of 70, pipping Denmark’s Thorbjorn Olesen and overnight leader Mark Foster to the €500,000 first prize.
6. #COPA AMERICA Brazil were held to a scoreless draw by Venezuela last night. Disappointingly, in the other Group B match, Paraguay and Ecuador also played out a 0-0 draw in Santa Fe.