MUNSTER WERE AT their determined best this afternoon as they came from behind to beat Harlequins and book their place in the Heineken Cup semi-finals for the 10th time.
Ronan O’Gara kicked all of their points in a 18-12 win at Twickenham Stoop but the man of the match honours deservedly went to captain Paul O’Connell who was in an inspirational mood from the first whistle to the last.
Here’s how Paulie’s afternoon panned out.
1. We should have known that he meant business when he rocked up to the Stoop with that steely glare.
2. He was even on his toes for the pre-match coin toss.
3. He wasn’t going to let anyone stop him when he had ball in hand.
4. And he was like a man possessed in the line-out.
5. No, seriously…
6. …even when the camera was pointing in the other direction.
Munster won all 14 of their own lineouts as well as stealing three of Quins’.
7. At the final whistle, the rest of the Munster players were quick to congratulate their skipper.
Look at how happy Simon Zebo is!
8. And Paulie even allowed himself a celebratory fist-pump.
9. He made sure that ROG got a big hug for kicking the 18 points.
10. Then he collected his Man of the Match award…
11. …and headed off down the tunnel to another fitting ovation from the travelling support.
12. We’d love to know what Warren Gatland made of all that.
(All pics by INPHO / Press Association)