UNLESS YOU’VE BEEN glued to the internet all weekend, there’s a chance that some weird and wonderful sporting tidbits might have slipped through the cracks. Here’s a run-down of some of our favourites…
1. #LUCKY ESCAPE Lotus driver Conor Daly somehow walked away without a scratch after clipping the back of Dmitry Suranovich’s car in front, sending him flying into the air before colliding with the catch fencing and spinning 360 degrees in Saturday’s GP3 series in Monaco.
YouTube credit: MT89Motors
2. #FO’ SHIZZLE Never one to pass up an opportunity to don the shirt of a sports team, the Doggfather was at US Cellular Field on Thursday night for the first pitch. After a pretty respectable throw, Snoop paid homage to Usain Bolt and Tim Tebow by imitating their trademark celebrations.
YouTube credit: Best ViralVideos
(h/t: Huffington Post)
3. #TAKE A BOW Scotland were given a 5-1 hammering by the US in Jacksonville over the weekend and Michael Bradley, who Aston Villa let go after a loan spell, scored the pick of the lot.
YouTube credit: ussoccerdotcom
4. #AIRBALL The San Antonio Spurs were beat the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 1 of the playoffs last night but Tiago Splitter was unsurprisingly kicking himself after this awful attempt at a free throw.
YouTube credit :nbainfos
(h/t: Ger Dowd)
5. #UFC This new Budweiser ad featuring Anderson Silva has been around a week or two but we only stumpled upon it over the weekend. Steven Seagal makes an appearance alongside the UFC middlewight champion for the South American commercial which references classic fight flicks such as Kill Bill, The Karate Kid and Enter the Dragon.
YouTube credit: BudBrasilOficial