Click here to find out more »
The 26 most outrageous outfits NBA players wore in 2012
NBA FASHION BECAME a big, big deal in 2012.
It started as a minor trend, with players sporadically wearing eye-searing pink pants or lens-less glasses. But in the playoffs it erupted into a full-fledged fashion war, with players trying to one-up each other at press conferences night after night.
Given the cyclical nature of trends, we probably won’t see the same level of fashion daringness in 2013. But for one year some of the best athletes to ever walk the Earth tried to dress as outrageously as possible, and it was glorious.
Here are the craziest looks.
- Kobe wore a jacket with fur lapels to the Lakers-Knicks game on Christmas night1/26
- Nick Young whipped out his craziest look in the first round of the playoffs2/26
- Steve Nash earned his nickname Gatsby3/26
- Carmelo Anthony went with a military-inspired outfit4/26
- Andrew bynum could wear anything and his hair would still be the star5/26
- Amare Stoudemire showed up in a cutoff jean jacket6/26
- Chris Paul wore an ugly Christmas sweater7/26
- So did Blake Griffin and he did not look too happy about it8/26
- Rajon Rondo won jacket-of-the-year9/26
- But Russell Westbrook was the king of outrageous NBA fashion in 201210/26
- He went to fashion week11/26
- He wore paint-splattered button-ups12/26
- He wore spikey shoes with yellow pants and a leopard-print shirt13/26
- He wore a plaid jacket14/26
- He wore a tiny baseball hat with huge glasses15/26
- LeBron wore a t-shirt with a picture of himself with vampire fangs16/26
- James Harden dressed in a 1970s salmon suit17/26
- Tyson Chandler wore wild boots to fashion week18/26
- Dwyane Wade wore pink pants19/26
- And skinny jeans20/26
- And a yellow blazers21/26
- And ridiculous glasses without lenses in them22/26
- And ridiculous glasses23/26
- Iman Shumpert wore an American flag jacket with a belt around his neck and two watches24/26
- Over in London the US Olympic team looked classy in their official garb25/26
- Very classy26/26