TAKE FIVE AND enjoy TheScore.ie’s quiz of the week. Have you been paying attention to the sports news this week?
There are no prizes — unless you count honour, glory and bragging rights as a suitable reward. Otherwise, it’s just for fun.
Click the link at the bottom of the page to reveal the answers.
1. #AIRTRICITY LEAGUE Who scored the winning penalty as Sligo Rovers clinched the League of Ireland title with a 3-2 win against St Pat’s?
2. #TEE TIME Shane Lowry won his first professional golf tournament last weekend. In what country was the tournament hosted?
3. #CALLED OFF An Africa Cup of Nations qualifier between which two countries was abandoned following fan violence last Saturday?
4. #GOLDEN BOY Which World and Olympic Champion was in Dublin this week for an event to honour his mentor?
5. #MAGNIFICENT SEVEN Name the Dublin jockey who rode seven winners on a single card at Windsor?
6. #TRADING PLACES Cian O’Neill was confirmed as part of the Kerry senior football backroom team this week. What county is O’Neill from?
7. #HANDBALL Which Cavan man won his fourth men’s singles title at the World Handball Championships in CityWest?
8. #RACE ROW Which England U21 international was subjected to racial abuse during a European Championship qualifier on Tuesday night?
9. #WHO SAID IT? “The referee’s a clown.”
10. #ANAGRAM A Innovating Patriot (8, 10)