CONTROVERSIAL ENGLISH HEAVYWEIGHT Dereck Chisora says he is ‘bitterly disappointed’ after being stripped of his boxing licence.
The British Boxing Board of Control’s hearing concluded on Wednesday that the 28-year-old would not be permitted to fight after a series of indiscretions, which included slapping opponent Vitali Klitschko at their weigh-in last month and spitting water at Klitschko’s brother Wladimir.
Chisora also brawled with compatriot David Haye at the press conference following his defeat to Vitali, forcing the boxing governing body to respond by withdrawing his licence.
“I’m bitterly disappointed my licence to box was taken away by the board. Right now I am an ex-professional unable to earn a living,” Chisora told The Sun.
“There is no time limit on how long the board plan to keep me from fighting but at the same time, I understand I can re-apply for my licence at any time as well.
“My dream has always been to win the world heavyweight title and of course the punishment dished out is a big setback to me achieving those aims.
“But I will be back in the gym even though I do not know when the board will grant me a new licence to box.”
Chisora’s professional record stands at 18 fights for 15 wins, including 10 by knockout, and three losses.