SO MANY QUESTIONS unanswered this morning. But by 5.30opm on Friday evening we’ll be a lot wiser if just a little poorer and worn out.
Cheltenham Festival officials estimate approximately 6,000 Irish racing fans will make the pilgrimage to the Cotswalds this week. It’s a drop of some 30% on the peak numbers that traveled in 2007.
But there’ll be no less drama on the track and for those of us left behind, TheScore.ie is your grandstand for the coming days.
We’ll run four days worth of liveblogs – as well as our usual Champions League minute-by-minutes. As Captain Birdseye once said in a moment of self-doubt, that’s a lot of waffle.
You can also check out all our coverage on the site by hitting the #CheltFest hashtag. Alternatively we’ll link to the most relevant pieces here
- How to host the perfect Cheltenham Festival house party
- Rough landing? Download your St Patrick’s Day office sweepstakes kit
- LIVE: Cheltenham Day Two
- Mark Your Card: Tuesday
- Horse racing for dummies
- Ten things you (probably) didn’t know about Cheltenham
- Got time on your hands? Download your Cheltenham Festival office sweepstakes kit
- Five simple rules for beating the bookies
- The Winners’ Enclosure: Hurricane Fly the pick of the bunch on Ruby Tuesday
- You in? Download your Cheltenham Festival office sweepstakes kit
- The Magnificent Seven: Cheltenham champions
- Irish racing’s finest hour: Cheltenham, 2006
- A Bluffer’s Guide to… the Cheltenham Festival
- Five Steps to Heaven: Cheltenham Special
- Champion Hurdle Preview: who will step into Binocular’s shoes?
- Lots more to follow…